Chimney Animal Removal
Chimneys are often a great refuge for many types of animals. Squirrels, raccoons, and various types of birds thrive while building their homes inside of a chimney. Although it may be a great place for the animals, its not so great for the home-owner.
Having animals in your home can present many threats to you and your home. For one, many types of animal droppings are considered to be hazardous to humans. Allowing an animal to use your chimney as their home, can be hazardous to your health.
Animals also prevent home-owners from using their chimneys, this is due to the fact that smoke can kill the animals. Additionally animals running up and down your chimney walls can deteriorate the mortar and brick.
Top reasons why animals need to be removed:
- Bats can often leave behind guano (bat waste) which can be dangerous and toxic
- Birds build nests that can contain all kinds of debris that can lead to respiratory problems
- Raccoons leave behind a number of debris and droppings that can cause any number of diseases and problems with families
- Squirrels can spread things such as: rabies, fleas, and ticks which are all very dangerous
- Bees and wasps often make nests within the chimney and can get inside the house
One of the biggest issues customers have when it comes to animal removal , is how humane the process is. Be rest assured that our technicians never harm the animal. After removal the animals are let loose in the wild or taken to a shelter. Our technicians will also install a chimney cap to prevent further intrusion by animals. If you have any issues with your chimney, please give us a call at 720-299-7782.